Oct 27, 2011 Market News Comments Off on market is safe at least for now
Monday 24 October 2011 The Harborough Mail
DEFIANT traders are pressing on with their fight to save Harborough’s indoor Market hall, despite receiving assurances a decision on its future is years away.
The future of the Northampton Road hall was thrown into doubt earlier this year after Harborough District Council revealed its use was being looked at as part of a far-reaching review.
One of the options under investigation would see traders moved out to make way for a new council headquarters.
Traders’ representative John Cleaver received assurances this week from council leader Michael Rook that a decision on the future of the building was ‘years, not months’ away. But speaking to the Mail this week, Mr Cleaver said it felt ‘like a stay of execution’.
He said traders would continue to gather support for a petition – already 8,000 signatures strong – in a bid to show the strength of feeling in town for the hall to remain a market.
Read the full story HERE
May 20, 2014 0A NEW weekly market is to be opened in the refurbished historic Market Square at Midhurst.
May 16, 2014 0
Mar 26, 2014 0