Wales Online By Rachael Misstear
Campaigners in a historic market town who feared a new Sainsbury’s supermarket would jeopardise its unique boutique identity have welcomed a decision to withdraw the plans.
The supermarket yesterday apologised to its supporters but said delays to its application for Llandeilo in Carmarthenshire had forced it to withdraw.
There had been outcry in the town earlier this year when Carmarthenshire council approved a 25,000sqft store which opponents said would “dwarf” the town’s other retailers.
But the application was slowed when Welsh Government “called in” the council’s decision in August, to allow it to be determined by Environment Minister John Griffiths.
Read more >>
May 20, 2014 0A NEW weekly market is to be opened in the refurbished historic Market Square at Midhurst.
May 16, 2014 0
Mar 26, 2014 0