December 27, 2011 BBC News
Traders at Sheffield’s Castle Market have said they are worried some stalls will not be open for business in 2012.
Some traders said the three months in the run-up to Christmas were the worst they had seen.
A new £18m market will be built by 2013 but traders said unless the council did more to help, businesses may fold before it is completed.
The council said stall-holders had been given a rent reduction for the past three years.
Ian Bingham, from Bingham and Brown greengrocers, said: “This is the worst I have ever known it in 28 years.
“This is going to be my worst Christmas ever. It’s very serious. I think you’ll find after Christmas a lot of the traders will start leaving this place.”
Mick Cull, chairman of the Sheffield branch of the National Market Traders Federation, said the market was struggling to compete with supermarkets.
Continue Reading. . . . .
May 20, 2014 0A NEW weekly market is to be opened in the refurbished historic Market Square at Midhurst.
May 16, 2014 0
Mar 26, 2014 0